Hi, I'm Lauren, welcome to my blog~
If you like bands run by musical robots, space-time traveling aliens, and cute animals, you've come to the right place. Pull up a seat (or sit on the ground) and enjoy the show :)
This was recorded by the Portsmouth Symphonia in an experiment where all the members of the orchestra would swap instruments with each other and attempt to play them to the best of their ability.
This is the result. And it makes me laugh every single time.
It tries to be so dramatic but it just falls flat. Love it.
This is my theme song
I cannot stop laughing
the song of my people
I dreamed a dream in time gone by, when grades were high and fucks worth giving. I dreamed no test would make me cry, I dreamed that curves would be forgiving. Then I was young and unprepared, and A’s were made and used and wasted. There were no extensions to be begged, no nights unslept, no effort wasted. But the finals come at last, with their laughter soft as thunder, as they tear your grades apart, as they turn your dream to shame.
to whomever wrote this
- Always take pictures of the sky when it’s pretty, it probably won’t ever look like that again.
- Wear that skirt you like, even if you’re mom says it’s too short.
- Take off the dark eyeliner and nail polish once in a while, you’ll feel lighter.
- Chop off your hair if you want, it will grow back eventually.
- Count the freckles on your arms and draw lines between them, your skin is like the night shy.
- Sleep under six blankets with the fan on high in the middle of the winter, the sound is soothing.
- Tell that boy to stop touching your thigh, even if it is flattering.
- Say thank you and flash a smile when you’re sister says that you’re outfit is ugly.
- Raise your hand when you know the answer, even if the class is all upperclassmen.
- Read that book again, you’ll notice something you didn’t the first time.
- Don’t drink too much caffeine, you’ll get the jitters and bomb your math test.
- Wear pencils behind your ears, it’s convenient.
- Try to talk to people, it won’t kill you.
- When a cute boy tries to cheat off your test, write the wrong answers and change them later.
- It’s ok to feel happy, don’t let other peoples sadness make you feel bad.